President Mark Weeks called the meeting to order at 6:30ish PM

President Weeks introduced the club officers:

President – Mark Weeks

Vice President – Vince Bell

Secretary – Chet Blake

Treasurer – Vaughan Houger

Safety Officer – Don Bailey

16 Club Members were in attendance – 3 Guests-Rich Cook, Rick Weber and Doug Hoff were in attendance.

Motion to accept minutes as posted, there was discussion about when the Club formed. Chet reported in the minutes that someone at the meeting said 1990. Doug Hoff said he had an email stating 1984. Corrected, 2nd and passed.


Vice President – Vince reported that we the Night Fly and Annual Charity Auction since last report. Rebuilder’s Contest is tonight and Christmas Party is   Sat, Dec 7 – 3:00 pm at Camp Pigott Lodge.

Secretary – Chet reported with the latest application and dues rfom George Anderson we now have 46 combined members (includes Full, Family and Jr. members).

Treasurer –Vaughan reported that finances are in good shape.

Safety Officer – Don said nothing new to report. All seems to be going well on the Safety front.

Field Manager – Bryan said that both Jay and he have been really tied up with their prospective life issues and not much happening lately. Jay wants to get the mower to his house for winter maintenance.

Newsletter Editor –always looking for new and event info for the newsletter.

Webmaster – Pics, news and comments are always wanted for the website.


Mark asked for input as to the events this year. All good, too many too few? Please let a Board member know your thoughts.

Once comment on events came up. Don’t change them. If the day cannot be met for weather or what ever reason, cancel it don’t reschedule the date. This will come up for membership ideas and possibly vote.

October opens up nominations for the Executive Board positions. Nominations will be open until the actual vote in the December meeting.

Nominations to date…

President – Don Bailey

Vice President – Vince Bell

Secretary – Marl Weeks

Treasurer – Vaughan Houger

Safety Officer – Dart Sharp

Special Service Award – Jim Stewart, Bryan Reightley, Steve Anderson

Chet asked about the First Aid kit that is supposed to be mounted. Mark will get it from Jay or have it mounted. It needs to be at immediate access in case of a severe injury.

The subject of Builder’s Contest entries came up and the validity of entering ARFs. A Motion was made to disallow ARFs from the Builder’s Contest. Seconded and passed.

Dart asked about the services to the Porta Potties. He feels the frequency isn’t enough. Mark will look into getting them serviced quarterly.


Mark asked Vaughan to review the 2020 budget. Dues will remain at $90. Motion was made to accept the new budget, 2nd and passed.

Discussion came up about including ARFs in the Builder’s Contest. Conclusion was that ARFs should be allowed but modifications from original build has to be made to allow entry.

Meeting Night Change. After reviewing with Alfy’s Manager as to what they could work with and be the most consistent is Wednesday nights. Motion was made, 2nd and passed to move the meeting to the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

2nd round of Executive Board nominees are

Pres. - Don Bailey, V. Pres – Vince Bell, Ron Swift, Secretary – Mark Weeks, Treasurer – Vaughan Houger, Safety Officer – Dart Sharp, Special Service Award – Jim Stewart, Bryan Reightley, Steve Anderson. The final round of nominations and membership voting will be at the Dec 11 meeting.

Mark brought up existing needs for work parties. Cutting down the large cherry tree, Removing Awning covers for winter (completed Sat 11/23), Steps on driver’s stand at car track.

Motion was made, 2nd and passes to get gift cards for the Camp rangers, Dave and Don.

Discussion about charity gift to the Sky Valley Food Bank brought much debate. A motion was made to give the total proceeds ($271) from the Charity Auction to the food bank, 2nd and narrowly passed. Mark will get a check from Vaughan and present to the food bank.


Don brought his newly build Quaker Flash. It was scaled down from an 80” plan so his \Thunder Tiger GP 07 can power it. It is a 3 channel set up, covered with Doculam film and Light Span.


Rebuilder’s Contest. Ward brought his large scale Space Walker and showed how to paint the checkered pattern on the pre painted tail and ailerons using precision cut 1: squares of clear shelf covering and placing on the area corner point to point, the paint over them with opposite color, allow to tack up and remove the squares. Beautiful and tedious job.

Mark brought his Gremlin that suffered a broken fuselage at the motor mount. He secured the necessary 2 1/2 “ heavy wall down spout material, built a motor mount and remounted the engine. He notices the engine wouldn’t turn over completely. He found that in the crash, a connecting rod had broken which he had to repair.


ADJOURNMENT    8:06 pm.

Respectfully Submitted by Chet Blake  BBMAC Secretary