President Don Bailey called the meeting to order at 6:30

President Bailey introduced the club officers:

President – Don Bailey

Vice President – Vince Bell

Secretary – Mark Weeks

Treasurer – Vaughan Houger

Safety Officer – Dart Sharp

12 Club Members were in attendance, with no guests

Motion to accept minutes as posted Seconded and Passed

 

OFFICER REPORTS

Vice President –  Combat event scheduled for Sept 12th, Floats and Boats scheduled for Sept 26th

Secretary – We are currently at 59 members

Treasurer –   Finances are in good shape.

Safety Officer – Nothing new to report, Dart did bring up that we are not allowed to stand on the runway while flying

Field Manager – Gas cans are filled, there is a smaller tank that has mixed gas for the weed-eater.  

Newsletter Editor –always looking for new and event info for the newsletter.

Webmaster – Pics, news and comments are always wanted for the website

 

OLD BUSINESS:  

We are getting to the point at times when parking is at a premium.  We are looking at some new ideas as how to provide more spaces. Some ideas that were brought us:

Relocate Porta potties.   (Will be moved after next cleaning)

Add gravel south of container and extend driveway (Dart working gravel estimate)

Work with Scouts to move Barn debris (Bryan to talk with Ranger Dave)

Clean up upper barn area (Work Party?)

Also remember that parking in front of the Frequency board is not allowed. This is an open area.

A motion was made to cap our membership at 65.  After much debate the motion failed.  The Club will monitor the usage and if it become an issue will address at that time.  Please sign the log-book to help monitor field usage.

Bryan brought up that some sort of signage would be helpful at the main gate.  Mark Will ask his wife to come up with something like the Frequency board to place on the gate

A question was asked regarding mowing.  What gets mowed and trimmed when you sign up.   For now, when you mow you are responsible for the field, pit area, gate area and the grassy area under and around the awnings.

Car Track and Upper area is not required, and we will look into a different sign in sheet if it becomes a bigger need.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Gravel south of container and extend driveway, Dart believes that we will need 6 loads of rock, he also presented a price on both truck time and gravel.  Motion made and seconded to go ahead with gravel delivery. Scheduled for the September 19th.

A new windsock is needed for the south end of the field.  Mark will get new pipe and install.

There has been some questions regarding the need of a control line area to be located at the south end near the container. After discussion there is not enough interest at this time to proceed.

Special thanks to Mark Weeks for spending the entire day brush hogging the open field area beyond the runway.  He did point out that it would not be possible without Ranger Dave and the use of  the Brush-Hog.  Thanks to all.

Octobers meeting does not look good for Alfys Pizza so a motion was made to have the meeting on October 17th at 4:00 pm.  This is the same day as the night fly so turnout should be good. Motion was passed.

Steve Higgins and Bryan have been talking about adding lights and a solar charger to the container.  A motion was made to spend no m0re that $500.00.  Motion passed

The Chalk center line has been added to the field.  Thanks Chet and Byran.

The need for a work party was brought up.  It is scheduled for September 19th to coincide with the gravel delivery. Mark will send out a e-mail.  

PROGRAM:  Combat-  Scott Curtis gave a presentation regarding the up-coming event. Main thing he reminded us is to get your plane out of storage and give it a test flight or two.  Bring a spare plane just in-case.

 

ANNOUNCEMENTS: Bryan shared a story:  A few Car/Crawler guys were taking about adding a couple of bridges to the crawler track by using some old fire hose.  Bryan pulled out his phone and gave Ranger Dave a call to see if he might know where we could get some.  A few questions about size and how long were asked and Dave said hold on I think I might have something for you. Less than 5 minutes later Ranger Dave showed up at the field with a couple of different sizes for us to have.  We can not ask for better landlords!

 

ADJOURNMENT:   8:00

Respectfully submitted

Mark Weeks

Club Secretary