President Weeks called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM

President Weeks introduced the club officers:

President – Mark Weeks

Vice President – Vince Bell

Secretary – Chet Blake

Treasurer – Vaughan Houger

Safety Officer – Don Bailey

18 Club Members were in attendance –Visitors Doug Hoff, Mike Small and Paul Miller were in attendance

No corrections to the January Minutes as there were no February minutes due to meeting being cancelled because of severe winter weather. Motion to accept minutes as posted was seconded and passed.

OFFICER REPORTS

Vice President –Vince reported that there will be a work party April 6, Spring Night Fly April 20 and Glider event May 18.

Secretary – Chet reported that there were 43 members at that moment, only 27 paid. By the end of the meeting the paid membership was 42. Thank you all for continuing to support the Barnyard Buzzards!

Treasurer –Vaughan reported the Club was in good financial status and more dues were coming in.

Safety Officer – Don reported no safety issues. Don commented that using the flight stations works well to identify who or how many flyers are in the air. It IS a BBMAC Safety Rule. There is also talk of a safety fence by the south awning area to keep spectators safe. More to come.

Field Manager – Bryan reported that Jay and he have been working on the container, repairing the floor, adding shelving and making plans to repair the roof leak. Jay is asking for the use of a generator large enough to support the use of power tools and possible air compressor. Bryan will go over Jays proposed work list in new business.

Newsletter Editor – Hard copies available, always interested in pics and articles.

Webmaster – Pics, news and comments are always wanted for the website.

OLD BUSINESS

With the cost of getting into R/C aircraft, there has been talk of a family membership that would cover membership fees of immediate family. The idea is to make it more financially feasible for a family of 3 or more to get into the hobby and be affordable and rear future members. AMA registration would still be required but kids 18 and under can get free AMA registration. A Motion was made that a Family Membership of 3 or more members be offered for $180 annually. Only 1 adult member would have voting rights, same as the current Family Membership plan. Motion was seconded, discussion followed and the voted on. Motion passed. The Board will write up the final wording and set them in the By Laws.

If you need to register or extend FAA Model rule 336 Drone registration, go to the FAA website https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/   Be sure to click on Fly Model under Section 336. Do NOT use the part 107 rule. This is either free to extend 1 year or $5 if new registration.

Jay is looking for treated 2x4’s, any length. Contact Jay or Bryan. He needs these to continue work on the car track drivers stand railing and steps.

The Board will have a meeting for this year’s upcoming events. If you have requests please get in touch with a Board member listed below.

Also later this month the Project Committee will define projects for this year. Member input welcome.

There’s been discussion about flying areas and how to keep all flyers safe and everyone’s flight visible. The rules are that all flight should be form the flying stations, call outs such as “On the Field, Clear, Taxiing out, Taking off to the (N or S), Landing, Low Pass, and Dead Stick” should be said loud enough for all to hear. The flight stations are arranged so it’s easier to hear the call outs and everyone is aware of the other pilots’ intent. No one should fly continuously over the runway. More to come.

Motion was made, seconded and passes for Sandy to make Freeze-In 2019 patches at $4 ea. The Freeze-In signup sheet showed that 22 members were present.

A request and motion for a Proxy email type vote was made. After brief discussion the motion was tabled for the present time.

NEW BUSINESS

Update on the FAA drone labeling. The FAA has now ruled that the FAA number MUST be displayed on the outside of any drone (all r/c aircraft) weighing over .55 lb (250 gram). The numbers can no longer be concealed in the battery hatch or inside the fuselage.

Membership dues were due by End Of Business at this meeting.

Barn news- most of the BBMAC possessions are retrieved from the barn and stored in the container. As stated, Jay has the mower at his house for annual refurb. The location of the Porta Potties against the south east barn wall was putting them in peril of being crushed if he barn walls continue to fall. Bryan, Mark, Vince and Chet moved them to a new location on the south end near the container.

With the barn scattered as it is, parking can be tight on a nice weekend. Please park as straight and close as possible on the north and off to the side as much on the south. Parking in front of the Frequency board should be avoided so everyone can see it as a reminder to use the card rack.

Please sign in when at the field with date and appx. time. Info is used to see field use and also if anyone noticed any peculiar happenings on any given date.

Barn is OFF LIMITS to BBMAC members and visitors. There have been a few visitors combing thru rubble and taking wood. The barn is considered VERY UNSTABLE. Please keep clear. IF an incident should happen, beside your personal safety at risk, it could cause restrictions from the Scouts as to field availability. Please help preserve our great relations with the Scouts and stay away from the barn.

Chet received the AMA Leader status questionnaire. Ron Swift will fill it out and send in to the AMA for the Clubs recognition. We are 17 or 18 yrs as Gold Leader.

Jay’s work list includes… service lawn tractor, permanently set frequency board posts, make more flight stations, repair container rood leaks and floor, eliminate the cumbersome container door security lock box, set up Porta Potties in permanent location, drive on south end needs to be extended and graveled, continue car track drivers stand railing and steps, move dirt pile by entrance (fill in low areas by container) and requests as they come in. There is Lots to do, please attend the work parties and help make large undertakings relatively small work with many hands.

The Membership requested Bryan to talk to Ranger Dave and see if the Scouts have come up with a plan for the remaining barn. The south and south east walls are pushing out daily and could become an extreme liability. Bryan will report as hears any news.

Visitor Mike Small joined the Club at the end of the meeting and brought our total to 42 Paid members.

PROGRAM

Ron Swift talked about the success of the 2019 Model Hobby Expo, the Club had 3 swap tables and the booth that is always a hit with the flight simulator. He thanked Tim for dedication to manning the Club booth. It was afirst time effort for R/C University, Ron asked for suggestions. Don brought up posting a time table next time instead of solely relying on the PA system.

Ron brought a hand out on the many types of skies and winter flying, taking care to preserve the fresh snow on the field when possible and try to keep it free of footsteps.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Remember to have your FAA number on your aircraft. This is not a rule the Club will police, but a reminder that any Club is low hanging fruit and easy to inspect if the FAA is in town.

ADJOURNMENT    7:52pm

Respectfully Submitted by Chet Blake  BBMAC Secretary