President Mark Weeks called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm

Pres. Mark Weeks Introduced the Officers---

  • Ron Swift - Treasurer,
  • Chet Blake – Secretary,
  • Don Bailey – Safety officer,
  • Vince Bell- VP, Mark Weeks- Pres.

1 guest, Mr. Richard Primo and 18 members present

Additions or Corrections to the minutes – None  Motion, 2nd and voted to accept as posted.

Officers Reports

VP – Vince announced the upcoming event dates. 4/21 Night Fly,  5/19 Glider Event, 6/12 Builder’s Contest

Treasurer- Club Funds in good shape and membership dues are still coming in.

Secretary – We currently we have 39 members with the most recent member Richard Primo

Safety – Don stated that all is well. Everyone is working together and watching out for each other. He’s very happy how this Club works together.

Field Manager – Jay couldn’t be there but Assistance Field Manager Bryan Reightley stated that Jay has the mower ready for the season, oil change and new blades. There’s even a new ramp to get the mower ins and out of the barn. The fertilizer spreader is repaired also. Jay will set up the Sign Up Genius when the field dries up a bit so everyone will have a chance to take a spot on the mowing list.

News Letter Editor - Hard copies available and your input is needed. Please send Club interest and event pics to Ron Swift and Ron Rueter

Web Master – Always looking for input, pics and Club news.

OLD BUSINESS
Mark and Chet wrote letters to AMA public relations about the lack of AMA presence at the Expo. The new VP, Brian Wood gave Chet a long letter that basically said he didn’t feel it was worth it. He had to plan out the money allotted and was going for the best bang for his buck and the NWMH Expo wasn’t it”. Chuck Bower and Mike Mosberger were surprised that the AMA wasn’t represented at the Expo.

Ron brought up that he and Sandy are considering a Swap meet in Duvall the weekend of July 6, 7 & 8. Possibly held at the Duval Park or on Main Street like the quilt show Duvall has in the summer.

Vince brought up various ideas and suggested rules for the Builder’s Contest. i.e., the Model should have been started in this Builder’s year (from last June to this June) keeping them new models, not re-skinned models, etc. Vince to send out rules to be sent out via. email.

The storage shed Mark had talked about at last meeting has been commandeered by the Scouts to keep the heavy equipment that was in the upper barn. This was a safety precaution by the Scouts. ALSO, the upper part of the barn if off limits! The barn doors are screwed shut to keep curiosity seekers out, the floor is very bad. This lead to a discussion about buying a shed or a container? Also where it might be placed and the ground work required to get a site ready. More to come as to what to buy and where to put it. Bryan suggested that it might fair well for us to get something that looks similar to the other buildings at the Camp.

Mowing season is coming on fast. Mark will talk to Jay about getting the web based Appointment Genius up and running for sign ups. This is EVREYONE”S Club, please support it and sign up for a grass cutting time. The program will be on the Club website.

The AMA launched an initiative to educate new and seasoned pilots with the new advertising campaign titles “Even the Shy Has Limits: Learn the Drone Laws”. It can be found at http://suas.modelaircraft.org/  This covers both commercial and recreational drone flyers. The purpose is to educate new and seasoned drone pilots about 2 options available, the course info and the consequences of civil liability. The first option is the default law for FAA Part 107 regulations, also known as the UAS Rule. The second part is the only exception to the Part 107. That exception is the Special Rule for Model Aircraft and adhering to safety laws as designed by a community based organization such as the AMA. Check it out!!

Mark asked if we needed flight instructors for Fixed wing, Heli, Drone and other? Ron reminded that he and Chet are fixed wing instructors, Mark has listed Paul Dibble as Heli, and there are a few knowledgeable members with some good drone experience.

Mark had been asked about videoing the programs and put them on the web or face book or both for the members and guests that can’t make the meeting. This will be considered and dependant of video equipment available.

We need to organize a work party for the lake area and the BBQ cover.

The need has risen about getting a storage shed or container.

NEW BUSINESS
In Early May we need to organize a work party for the BBQ cover and the Lake dock access area in prep for the June Floats n Boats event. Crews could be split on the same day to work on both.

Jay has purchased some fertilizer, the spreader is repaired and just need the field to dry a bit to apply. The spreader mentioned is a tow behind so manual labor is minimized.

There has been some discussion as to where to put the second awning (car port). When talked about last year the decisions was to put it next to the current on as to #1 not take up parking spots on the north end and to not divide the members as to one place or the other.

The Builder’s Contest rules were presented and explained.

The Gate and Barn locks have been changed to the new combo for 2019 members.

Ron Swift asked for a motion and second too create a committee to investigate Control Line flying area. Motion passed. Ron will proceed as appropriate.

Program
Dart Sharp explained mixing and pre-made mixes on the Spektrum radios. Sample used was the DX9. He commented that the manufacturers are finally getting the point that no one wants to set and try to figure out mixes hen they could easily supply some common pre=made mixes. In the near future Dart will go over the many facets of the AS3X receiver. Once Dart has the electronic version of the April program ready, it will be posted on the web site and fb.

Announcements or Comments
By now you have all received an request from the AMA to write your local Congressional Rep to ask that they do NOT support the following….

The Federal Aviation Administration will investigate eliminating the Special Rule for Model Aircraft – also known as Section 336 which has allowed AMA to manage our members and fly safely and responsibly, as we have for over 80 years. Losing the Special Rule would be a devastating blow to our hobby.  

Please check your email and send on your response to your local Representatives.

Show and Tell
Mr. Chuck Frederick and family had donated various models and equipment to the Club for the Auction this summer. Don Bailey took one of the CL Models, a SNAFU Magician, stripped it and recovered with Ducolam, Silk Span and dope to get it back to flight worthy condition. Ron has also been working on various models from Mr. Frederick to get them flight worthy again. There are certain models the Frederick family would like to be part of them flying again.

Jim Stewart brought in his Sniffer kit that he will be building.

Next Meeting program – Multi-rotors. A look and discussion on different types, details, FPV and general info. If you have a drone, please bring it and talk about it.

Motion to Adjourn: 7:55 pm.

Respectfully submitted by Chet Blake, BBMAC Secretary