The meeting was called to order by President Chet Blake at approximately 6:30 with 8 members and 2 guests, Doug Hoff and Dave Beardsley in attendance. Club Officers were introduced by the club President, Chet Blake:

  • President – Chet Blake
  • Vice President – Bryan Reightley
  • Secretary – Mark Weeks
  • Treasurer – Ron Swift
  • Safety Officer – Vince Bell
  • Field Manager – Jay Bell
  • Newsletter Editor – Ron Swift
  • Webmaster – Ron Rueter (Currently in AZ)

Chet called for additions or corrections to the minutes as published on the web.

Meeting information needs to be corrected,  $190.00 left in field fund: The minutes were then approved.

Reports

VP – December 12th  at 3:00pm will be the Christmas party held at the lodge. As last year it will be a potluck event with a gift exchange. Limit of $15.00 for gifts, there will be a man’s and women’s gift. Don’t forget to bring your own utensils and plates.

January 2nd it the Freeze-in

Secretary - The membership level at the present time is 33 plus 1 student members. We would like to welcome Dave Beardsley who has joined the membership ranks. There are 10 Members paid for 2016

Treasurer – Finances are in good shape, there is still money in the field improvement fund as well as money in reserves.  $190.00 is still allotted for field improvements per the budget. Ron presented a hand out for them money that was spent for 2015

Safety Officer – Vince was unavailable to attend the meeting but reported that all is good and continue to play safe.

Newsletter Editor – Hard copies of the news letter are available, a number of copies have been sent to local hobby shops. Pictures and stories are needed.

Field Manager – The field and sounding area is wet please be careful and use good judgment

Web Master – Items, stories, pictures are needed. As always looking for input, send to Ron.  

OLD BUSINESS

Christmas party December 12th 3:00pm. We would like to make this a great event so invite friends and other clubs. Notices will be sent to other clubs so they can get into their calendars.

It would be a good idea to have the GPS coordinates located at the field. Mark nominated his wife to make a sign with GPS coordinates and Elevation to be placed on frequency board.

There has been an offer to the Arlington Eagles to use our flying field until they and acquire another field to use and get it flyable.

Vince has a garden cart that needs wheels, contact Mark, Vince or Jay if you have ideas.

For the time being there is no driving down through he pits, it is very wet and muddy. Len and Brian found out the hard way. They did a good job repairing the divots they left. Thanks

Flight stations are wet and in need of something. The conversation about placing pavers in the locations was brought up. Please pass you ideas to Mark or Jay.

Porti-potties are in need of servicing; Jay will contact the company and have them taken care of.

Ron and Chet will be presenting the food bank with our donation Friday 11/13/15

Model Hobby expo is Jan 27th – 31st We will have a club booth.

AMA notifications about responses to DOt and FAA regulations. Please take it seriously. Their description of a Drone is anything that is remotely controlled. That’s’ fixed wing aircraft to, it’s not all multi-rotor. Fight to keep the hobby we love and enjoy. We were really slow reacting getting information out on the last public response period which was shortened by the FAA to begin with.

Log Book still needed at field. Mark will purchase a write in the rain tablet and will acquire a waterproof holder to place it. It will be mounted on the frequency board. Al brought in a holder and it will be installed with the notebook.

October opens up nominations to the executive committee for next year.

Notations;        

  • President – Chet Blake
  • VP   - Bryan Reightley- Tim Shegrud
  • Secretary – Mark Weeks
  • Treasurer – Ron Swift
  • Safety officer – Vince Bell
  • Special service award: Mark, Len, Brian Douma, Jay.

Ideas are needed for meeting; there was discussion as to how to attract new members and to draw more members to the meetings.

NEW BUSINESS

The AMA dues for 2016 will be sent in this year to take advantage of 2015 prices. Mark and Ron to handle

Eric Johnson has lost a P51 on the north side of the road. Jay had a good photos and a possible line on how to get to is. Mark and Jay made an attempt to locate it but to no avail, with the latest rain we will have to do another quad recon again.

Flight stations need to be addressed , pavers will be placed to locate them and provide a dryer standing location, this probably will not get done until spring or at least until some dryer weather happens

Mark will be contacting a couple of trappers to find out the validity of removing the beavers.

Dues are due by the end of the March meeting.

Elections were held and the winners are:

  • President – Chet Blake
  • VP - Tim Shegrud
  • Secretary – Mark Weeks
  • Treasurer – Ron Swift
  • Safety officer – Vince Bell
  • Special service award: Len and  Brian Douma were voted on as co winners.

Adjournment  7:58