The meeting was called to order by President Chet Blake at approximately 6:30 with 12 members and 1 guest, Dave Rector in attendance. Club Officers were introduced by the club President, Chet Blake:

  • President – Chet Blake
  • Vice President – Bryan Reightley
  • Secretary – Mark Weeks
  • Treasurer – Ron Swift
  • Safety Officer – Vince Bell
  • Field Manager – Jay Bell
  • Newsletter Editor – Ron Swift
  • Webmaster – Ron Rueter (Currently in AZ)

Chet called for additions or corrections to the minutes as published on the web.

Meeting information needs to be corrected All meeting are held at Alfy’s Pizza in Monroe: The minutes were then approved.

Reports

VP – December 12th  at 3:00pm will be the Christmas party held at the lodge. As last year it will be a potluck event with a gift exchange. Limit of $15.00 for gifts, there will be a man’s and women’s gift. Invite friends or other flying club members.  A GREAT Christmas gift idea is to send your spouse a link to the new plane or other gift you want. January 2nd will be the Freeze-In.

Secretary - The membership level at the present time is 32 plus 1 student members Eric Johnson has joined the Buzzards.

Treasurer – Finances are in good shape, there is still money in the field improvement fund as well as money in reserves.  $160.00 is still allotted for field improvements per the budget.

Safety Officer – Doing good, no major issues all year, good job. #1 injury cause is due to propeller strikes, so be careful especially with electrics.

Newsletter Editor – Hard copies of the news letter are available, a number of copies have been sent to local hobby shops. Pictures and stories are needed.

Field Manager – Jay reported that the south end of the field is WET. Be careful when venturing off the runway. Also tables and flight station may need to be moved north while weather is wet.

Web Master – Items, stories, pictures are needed. As always looking for input, send to Ron.  

OLD BUSINESS

Christmas party December 12th 3:00pm. We would like to make this a great event so invite friends and other clubs. Notices will be sent to other clubs so they can get into their calendars.

 Last meeting safety rules were reviewed, if anyone would like a copy please contact Mark.

Budget reviewed and dues set at $90.00 for 2016.

Field was fertilized and it has greened up very well. Thanks to those who helped.

Jay proposed a garden cart or a large garden wagon to assist in moving planes and equipment to the pit area. Watch out a your local yard sales for one of these items.

It would be a good idea to have the GPS coordinates located at the field. Mark nominated his wife to make a sign with GPS coordinates and Elevation to be placed on frequency board.

NEW BUSINESS

Vince has a garden cart that needs wheels, contact Mark, Vince or Jay if you have ideas.

For the time being there is no driving down through he pits, it is very wet and muddy. Len and Brian found out the hard way. They did a good job repairing the divots they left. Thanks

Flight stations are wet and in need of something. The conversation about placing pavers in the locations was brought up. Please pass you ideas to Mark or Jay.

Porti-potties are in need of servicing, Jay will contact the company and have them taken care of.

Ron and Chet will be presenting the food bank with our donation Friday 11/13/15

Model Hobby expo is Jan 27th – 31st We will have a club booth.

AMA notifications about responses to Dot and FAA regulations. Please take it seriously. Their description of a Drone is anything that is remotely controlled. That’s’ fixed wing aircraft to, it’s not all multi-rotor. Fight to keep the hobby we love and enjoy. We were really slow reacting getting information out on the last public response period which was shortened by the FAA to begin with.

Log Book still needed at field. Mark will purchase a write in the rain tablet and will acquire a waterproof holder to place it. It will be mounted on the frequency board.

October opens up nominations to the executive committee for next year. Start thinking about serving on the board or, for your nominations.

Nominations:

  • President – Chet Blake
  • VP - Bryan Reightley
  • Secretary – Mark Weeks
  • Treasurer – Ron Swift, Paul Dibble
  • Safety officer – Vince Bell
  • Special service award: Mark, Len, Brian Douma, Jay.

Jim Renyolds asked about another float event, nothing scheduled but if you wish to use lake it’s a good idea to go in pairs.

Ideas are needed for meeting; there was discussion as to how to attract new members and to draw more members to the meetings.

Program: Ron Swift presented his Fly-BEAM by Hobby King. He described some of the modifications he did. Tower hobbies also have the Shiny that is newly released. Thanks for the demonstration.

Let’s all get ready for next spring’s night fly event.

Announcements: Dick is doing well and on the road to recovery @ Providence Pacific campus.

Galaxy Hobby is having their Secret Santa Sale November 16th  7:00 pm. If you can please support your local hobby shops

Adjournment  7:55